- Job description
The Chinese Translator is expected to interpret and/or translate written or spoken material into one or more language, ensuring meaning and context are maintained. He/she must possess knowledge of multiple languages, mainly English and Chinese, and must be able to work with individual clients and corporations.
- Read through or listen to material in one language (English/Chinese), understand the meaning and context of that material, and convert it into a second language (English/Chinese), making sure to preserve the original meaning.
- Consult with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialised concepts and translate them appropriately
- Follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction and understanding
- Translate a variety of documents
- Communicate and interact well with employees of Chinese and Indian origin
- Support web conferences and voice calls with Chinese counterparts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good written communication in English and Chinese, with focus on grammar and comprehension
- Fluency in speaking English and Chinese
- 1 year of experience as a Chinese translator/interpreter
Other open positions for India